Photography Contest 2017
For 2017, the criteria are as follows:
Rules: 1. Pictures may be taken anywhere at any time by any local Horticultural Society member (entrant must take the photos)
2. Size of prints should be 4"x6"
3. Only one entry per contestant per category
4. Write your name and category on the back of each print at the top
5. Previously entered photos are not eligible.
6. All photo subjects should be natural and alive
Categories: 1. "We Did It!" - at least 2 SDHS members in any SDHS setting
2. "Rainbow" - Multicoloured flower(s)
3. "Burning Bush" - any shrub in its fall colours
4. "A Garden with a Water Feature"
This year we are looking for photos suitable for banner headers for our website (like the one above). The area is 2x10.5", or if using a 4x6 the usable strip would be 1.1" high x 6 wide". You can submit these to Nick at any meeting, and if suitable they will be used in the website! Of course, any photo suitable for this website is always welcome!
Prizes: Well, there's always bragging rights!
Deadline: NO LATER than October 30, 2017. Please submit entries to:
Nick Barclay, 15 Fairway Rd. Egmondville, ON, N0K 1G0. (519) 522-2770. (or bring them to a meeting)
Pictures will be judged, and shown at our November 2017 meeting after the banquet.
All Photographs on this website remain © Seaforth & District Horticultural Society and/or its individual members and may not be used without permission of the copyright owner.